Monday, April 2, 2012

Frankenstein - Mary Shelley - Friendly!

"When I returned, as often as it was necessary, I cleared their path from the snow and performed those offices that I had seen done by Felix." - pg. 80
This part reminded me of Shrek. The poor creature was shunned by all of humanity before he was even given a chance. But, he is not intrinsically evil as some had believed. In fact, he appears to be intrinsically kind. He goes out of his way to help out the family he is living adjacent to. Shrek, in a similar way, was shunned from the fairy tale creatures and humans and left to his swamp. Both of them were prejudged and not given a chance to show their goodness. I believe that everything is naturally good, but is either turned evil or abused to the extent that its ends become evil. I feel sympathy for the creature and how he has been treated.

No comments:

Post a Comment